Criminal charges pending in fatal accident |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Criminal charges are pending in a fatal accident that left two people dead on Highway 51 in Tipton county.
The accident happened in the north-bound lanes of Highway 51 yesterday.
State Police said Shelly Harvey and Peggy Harvey of Munford were both killed when another vehicle slammed into the back of their car, which forced them to run off the road into a utility pole.
The car ended up overtuned in a ditch.
The driver of the second vehicle, Sherry Claffey of Atoka was injured.
Investigators believe speed was not a factor.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC
- Sells Family Recognized at DSCC Annual Foundation Board Dinner
- Tipton County deputies investigate robbery and home invasion