Turkey Drive for Mid-South Food Bank | Community Spirit
It’s time to help families in need this Thanksgiving by bringing frozen turkeys to Mid-South Food Bank, 239 South Dudley from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Or, an easier way to give a turkey is to make a $15 per turkey online donation at www.midsouthfoodbank.org.
Once there, chose “Turkeys” from the Designation drop down box.
Mid-South Food Bank encourages organizations and individuals to support the turkey drive with their own effort.
They will will post a picture of turkeys being delivered to the Food Bank on our Facebook page.
Mid-South Food Bank is hoping to collect 5,000 turkeys by Thanksgiving. Donated turkeys will be distributed to Mid-South Food Bank’s partner food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other feeding programs throughout west Tennessee, north Mississippi and east Arkansas.
“Our annual Turkey Drive allows us to provide a crucial holiday meal for those who would go without at Thanksgiving,” said Estella Mayhue-Greer, Mid-South Food Bank president and CEO.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC
- Sells Family Recognized at DSCC Annual Foundation Board Dinner
- Tipton County deputies investigate robbery and home invasion