Chickasaw Council of Boy Scouts anticipate record year in food drive | Community Spirit
The Chickasaw Council of Boy Scouts are putting their forces behind the Mid-South Food Bank this holiday season.
Scouting for Food is an effort to feed families in need.
One in five Mid-Southerners struggle with food insecurity - that's a lack of sufficient food to meet basic needs.
"I think were going to have a record year. Not only have we filled up all the bins this year at this location, but we also picked up North Mississippi.
They had eight troop groups down there," said David Stephens of the Mid-South food bank.
This year, Kroger is also lending a hand by offering eight food collection sites.
The Mid-South Food Bank delivers more than one million pounds of food per month.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC
- Sells Family Recognized at DSCC Annual Foundation Board Dinner
- Tipton County deputies investigate robbery and home invasion