MPD: Shoplifter arrested after returning to store looking for lost keys | Crime
A shoplifter may have gotten away with more than a $1,000 worth of clothes and make-up had she not returned to the store looking for her lost set of keys, according to an affidavit of complaint.
Wednesday evening Memphis police were called to Kohl's on Germantown Parkway where loss prevention staff had Katharine Crowell detained because they suspected her of shoplifting.
Loss prevention staff told police they observed Crowell stuff various articles of clothing and American Beauty make-up material into her clothing and shopping bags then walking out of the store without paying for the items.
The affidavit said Crowell returned to the store because she could not locate her car keys.
Also, she still had several shirts on with the tags still on.
Police said Kohl's got all its merchandise back, a total of $1030 in clothes and make-up.
Crowell is in jail at 201 Poplar on $2,000 bond. She's due in general sessions court on Friday.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC
- Sells Family Recognized at DSCC Annual Foundation Board Dinner
- Tipton County deputies investigate robbery and home invasion