9/11 tribute events in the Mid-South | Events
Wednesday marks the 12th anniversary of the attacks on 9/11. Several events are planned across the nation to remember the date. See below for some tribute events in Your Neighborhood.
—The Memphis Fire Museum will hold a memorial service Wednesday morning at 9 a.m.
—Webster University will host a 9/11 tribute event on the Millington Naval Base in cooperation with the National Naval Officers Association. The tribute luncheon will be Wednesday in remembrance of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The luncheon will be held at the Helmsman Club at 11:30 a.m. and will feature Mid-South Commanding Officer Captain Doug Walker whose speech is titled “Lessons From September 11.” There will be a POW display, and a display featuring the new Naval ships that were partly constructed by the building materials of the World Trade Center.
—Cross Fit in Bartlett will host a remembrance workout to honor all of the men and women who serve our country. All service members – either military, police, or fire – can come workout with us the organization for free that day at any class. Call 901-388-9979 for more.
If you have an event that should be added, just leave a comment below.
Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Fatal train, car accident kills father
- Tipton Co. Sheriff's Office gets award for traffic safety
- 61-year-old cancer patient could face charges after filing inconsistent home invasion report
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient