HOT ROD Drag Week comes to Memphis International Raceway | Events
Who will accept the challenge? Two hundred HOT ROD fans with the same goal in mind – to drive the fastest street-legal car on the track, that’s who. In just a two-week registration period, the 2012 HOT ROD Drag Week™ field reached its capacity of 200 entrants; with another 78 drivers having thrown their hats into the ring in case someone backs out.
The stage is set for the most epic five days in the seven-year history of HOT ROD Drag Week™. For the first time ever, this event will be captured on TV’s SPEED channel. Beginning Sept. 9, competitors will be put to a grueling five-day test of drag racing, covering more than 1,200 miles in the same car, with the same engine, in the search for HOT ROD’s Fastest Street Car in America. Participants will register times at four quarter-mile drag strips – including some looking to top 200 mph in the quarter-mile in less than 6 seconds.
Schedule for HOT ROD Drag Week™ 2012:
· Registration Day: Sunday, September 9 – Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, Okla.
· Day 1: Monday, September 10 – Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, Okla.
· Day 2: Tuesday, September 11 – Texas Motorplex, Ennis, Texas
· Day 3: Wednesday, September 12 – Thunder Road Raceway Park, Gilliam, La.
· Day 4: Thursday, September 13 – Memphis International Raceway, Memphis, TN
· Day 5: Friday, September 14 – Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, Okla.
Memphis International Raceway * 5500 Victory Lane * Millington, TN 38053
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC
- Sells Family Recognized at DSCC Annual Foundation Board Dinner
- Tipton County deputies investigate robbery and home invasion
- Family calls front yard a ‘graveyard’ due to too many car crashes