Disaster survivors invited to affordable housing workshop | Events
An affordable housing workshop takes place Saturday afternoon. The purpose is to help people who were displaced from their homes by the recent flooding.
Representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Memphis Field Office, the U.S. Small Business Administration, approved housing counseling agencies, affordable rental providers, asset managers that sell HUD homes and the Memphis Housing Authority will be presented at the workshop.
Many displaced families and individuals have received FEMA housing assistance grants or are expecting grants. Those who are now searching for a new place to live or need to repair their homes are encouraged to attend.
The workshop takes place Saturday, June 18, from 2 p.m to 5 p.m. at the Shelby County Code Enforcement Building, 6465 Mullins Station Rd.
Information provided by FEMA.
Photo submitted to My5.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC
- Sells Family Recognized at DSCC Annual Foundation Board Dinner
- Tipton County deputies investigate robbery and home invasion