Infant mortality declines in Shelby County | News
For the first time ever, there is a decline in infant mortality in Shelby County
The Health Department announced the rate in 2011 was below 10 deaths for every 1000 live births.
Infant deaths among African Americans showed the largest decline.
The department said the decline is a promising sign of overall health improvement in Shelby County.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 61-year-old cancer patient could face charges after filing inconsistent home invasion report
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC
- Sells Family Recognized at DSCC Annual Foundation Board Dinner