Payne remembered a year later | People
Millington Central High School graduate Christi Lucas brought by flowers for Dana Payne at his plot in Northridge Woodhaven Cemetery on the first anniversary of his death.
Payne passed away Aug. 21, 2012 on the Millington Football Stadium turf after suffering injuries from a tackle. The 15-year-old sophomore receiver was later pronounced dead at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. Lucas witness Payne’s last moments from her position as a manager.
Click here to read the full story.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Memphians will find no room at downtown hotels
- Summary reveals Memphis would pay at least $25M for AutoZone Park
- Tipton Co. Sheriff's Office gets award for traffic safety
- 61-year-old cancer patient could face charges after filing inconsistent home invasion report
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient
- Tipton County college campus hosts naming ceremony to honor BMHCC