Bridge work to cause detour for Millington drivers | Transportation
(WMC-TV) - Bridge work will force Millington drivers to take a detour for a few weeks starting later this month.
Independence Road at Hammontree Creek will be closed to traffic from August 20 until September 7 so crews can refurbish a bridge.
Officials say drivers should head north on Independence Road at the intersection of Woodstock-Cuba Road, then head east on Garnet Road until it intersects Independence Road.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Millington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Fatal train, car accident kills father
- Tipton Co. Sheriff's Office gets award for traffic safety
- 61-year-old cancer patient could face charges after filing inconsistent home invasion report
- Tenn. officials concerned ice storm could be ‘major historic event'
- Robbers with ski masks attack 61-year-old cancer patient